Wednesday 18 September 2013

Headband obsession

A question for you other knitters out there- do you ever get completely obsessed with one type of project? I know a woman from my knit-night who has only ever knitted socks. Never a hat, or even a scarf. Just socks. Her first project was a sock (Brave? Foolish?), and she's made socks ever since.

Now, I like a variety of projects, I like to think I'm not so obsessed. But yesterday, I finished another one. And then I realised, maybe I am addicted.  I simply cannot get enough knitted headbands. I just love them. I make them for presents, love them so much I make myself another couple in various colours, even though I already have a drawer full of them. 

I make them for people who don't wear them, just to prove they should. I make them in summer, so I don't have to panic-knit come autumn. It's ridiculous! 

So I would love to hear what kind of project you get worked up over. Are you potty for pullovers? Hot for hats? Sexy for socks!? Or do you like to work on a technique- entangled in entrelac? Fussy for fair-isle? 

I'm sure I could go on and on, but you get the idea. Let me know your obsessions, I'd like to think I'm not the only one.

In the meantime, here are my ever growing selection of wooly head-warmers, and where to find the pattern on Ravelry.


Criss cross cable headband, lovely, eh? http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/criss-cross-cable-headband

Grey gardens entrelac turban. My first entrelac project!
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/grey-gardens-2

Tidal wave headband (by me!)
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/tidal-wave-cable-headband


Blueleaf Headband, really quick lace project.
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/blue-leaf-headband

So that's it. My recently realised obsession. And this isn't all over them, only the ones I could find pictures of! Dear me. 

I'd love to hear from you, you can find me on Ravelry (HanaLou) and Google+.

Much knitty love,

HanaLou

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment